Nosework is a fun sport in which dogs must locate any and all hidden target scents within a
designated area and alert the handler to the location. It is a true partnership sport in which both
ends of the leash must rely on one another. This activity promotes confidence and provides mental stimulation, ideal for shy, elderly or disabled dogs.
Come learn from our resident Nosework Expert, Randi, who has titled in both CKC and SDDA,
as well as Barn Hunt.
This 6 week course will focus on locating the scent wintergreen within containers and
interior searches for the Beginner level. The last week will offer a DOT Test and enable
participants to earn their DOT-W title.
Prerequisites: Basic Obedience
Class Schedule: July 6, 13, 20, 27, Aug 3, 10 6:30-7:30pm
Cost: $126 (GST included)
This class is only for those wanting to continue practicing nosework - and have extra FUN doing it!
Multiple SDDA and CKC scents will be used. There will be new games each week
and there might even be prizes! All skill levels welcome.
· Don't Move Your Feet! Stand on mark, dog searches around you - containers or interior room search.
· Crunch Time - Find the hide(s) before time runs out!
· Trivia - When your dog finds a hide, you will be asked a nosework question.
· Double Blind Judge will be out of the search area so as not to influence handlers or dogs.
· Empty or Not? - Is there a hide or is it a clear room?!
· Dynamic Duos - clients will be paired up to find hides in a large interior or container search area.
· 6 Feet Under - dogs must find buried hides! (weather permitting)
· Way Up Hides - will be no less than 3' from the ground.
· Two for One -2 hides of different scents set close together.
· Smoke Screen -Is that the hide or is that a distractor and variations
· Unlikely Hides - Sometimes, the hide is in the one spot you would never think to look.
Prerequisites: Beginner Nosework
Class Schedule: July 6, 13, 20, 27, Aug 3, 10 7:30- 8:30pm
Cost: $126 (GST included)
This class is for those with a good grasp of nosework skills and who are looking for a variety
of hides to practice on. SDDA and CKC scents available and ready to use each week.
Locations will vary from week to week and will be posted within the group.
Prerequisites: Beginner Nosework Class
Class Schedule: July 5, 12, 19, 26, Aug 2, 9 6:30-7:30pm
Cost: $96 (GST included)
*** All Nosework classes will be held at The Playground. Unless otherwise specified.***
PLEASE NOTE: All classes must be paid for within 24hrs of registration in order to secure your spot.
Multiple dogs entered in the same class will also receive additional discounts.
Copyright © 2021 4 Limb Gym - All Rights Reserved.